Wednesday 1 January 2014

Hello 2014



So last night was NYE and weren’t we all just raring (or succumbing to pressure) to ‘party it up 2014 style’? Admittedly, my past new year’s excursions haven’t gone exactly to plan BUT you’ll witness me lie down and die before I let this weather my NYE spirit. Being kettled by police in Central London is an experience right?!  Drinks taste SO much better on this enchanted evening it almost warrants the day-light robbery. And who needs to SEE the fireworks anyway when they’re such a treat for the ear drums?

THIS year though, I had a good feeling about. I mean it was NYE it obviously had to be bloody great (or at least a hazy enough memory to allow distortion)… however THIS year I had enough ‘ghosts of New Year’s Eve past’ in my closet to avoid rookie mistakes; I’d paid my sweaty crowed dues and THIS year I was owed a good time. Sure enough some drinks with my gorgeous family followed by a dinner party with good friends was one of the nicest ways to bring in the New Year to date (note to self: avoiding crowds/ public spaces/ going out in general is a sure-fire way to sidestep NYE tears).

The dinner party (I felt the height of sophistication btw) was glorious, with everyone contributing a dish/ bottle of wine (in my case Vodka, obv) we ate, drank and chatted our way into 2014! 
 The chilled out vibe allowed for more low key fashion choices than my usual NYE attire (see below for last years glitter-bomb of a dress) so I wore a high waisted black and white checked Zara skirt (grabbed in the sale!) a classic topshop crop tee, YSL shoulder-skimming earrings and the my favourite brand of black tights in the history of the world (Falke - just so soft). Oh and no shoes needed- bonus!

Hope you all had as fab a time last night as I did and are looking toward 2014 with nothing but total readiness! With my internship at Heat magazine starting next week and exciting projects in the pipeline here's to 2014 being the best year yet! Don't know about you but I've got BIG plans ;)
Leila xoxox

Below are some photos I snapped intermittently throughout the night:


Last years dress! <3

















No comments:

Post a Comment