Sunday 10 November 2013

3 is a magic number...

Snap, crackle, pop
Tic, Tac, Toe
Ready, set, go 

No - I'm not going mad. Just demonstrating the point that things come in threes - (unless you're Native American or Chinese - then it's four and five respectively). I read an article recently on the so-called 'three rule' - super interesting but came at a price; I now see 'threes' EVERYWHERE.

Anyway, In light of this I, Leila Saffron Glen, (we even have three names for crying out loud) am going to do a 'three' themed round up of the week. 

First and foremost - WHAT I BOUGHT:

1)Not going to lie, feeling pretty smug with myself. Asymmetric, tartan and a touch of leather? Nailed THREE trends in one *go me*.


2) Been seeing these overly fluffy jumpers everywhere for a while, but this is the best one I've seen so far. Gorgeous mustard colour and love the deep v-neckline.















 Now on the lookout for a floaty romantic skirt to wear with this and converse a la Ben Toms for Under The Influence #12 S/S 2013) >>>>>
























3) Already had disco pants in black, but these purple ones were calling out to me from the River Island Sale AND they're one size to big which means I can actually eat a meal/ sit down in them for long periods of time - BONUS. 












WHAT I NEED:

1) Isabel Marant for h&m. All of it.
 But I guess that's slightly unrealistic so this over-sized men's cardigan will do for now. And a few of the plain dove grey T-shirts - they look SO DESIGNER. 

2) Who says we have to give up shorts just because its winter?! 

3) Bit of a copy-cat version of Zara's wonder skort from last season I feel. But the colour's incredible and I prefer the slightly higher waist.


 and finally... WHAT ANNOYED ME:
1) Patronising, pig-ignorant football sexism - being asked by a shop assistant in Waitrose whilst wearing my full Chelsea get-up shirt and shorts (I went straight from the gym) if I could name THREE Chelsea players was... well - I have no words. His face though as I named the whole team striker to goalie PRICELESS. 

2) The fact that the moronic van driver winking/ yelling at me at the bus-stop has his driving license and I - STILL - am waiting for the bus. 

3) I really wanted this YSL lipstick (plummy gorgeousness - perfect for disguising those inevitable mulled-wine lip stains this festive season). But it only comes in the gift box for which I simply did not have the funds. Why put what I want in a gift box full of stuff I don't? ANNOYING.

To finish on a positive note though (which really I ought to) - my aunty bought the whole gift set and gave me the lipstick! What a babe <3

So, all in all good week. 
Three strikes and I'm out >>>>>>>>>

Leila xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment