Sunday 28 July 2013

Drinks, Dungarees, and a Stockbroker...

So last week the weather was beautiful and i'd just been paid; time for a guilt free night out!

A few friends and I decided to hit Covent Garden, sun ourselves on one of its beautiful roof-top bars and drink alot of vodka soda lime (the fitties drink of choice, who has time for empty calories?)

Anyway, deciding what to wear was surprisngly easy. I knew we were going to a cocktail bar but theres nothing I hate more than dressing for the occassion, so cocktail dresses and heels were out, and dungarees were IN!

I freaking love dungarees, always have since I was a toddler and my mum attempted to prize them out of my hands in return for endless Harrods silk dresses.
My most recent pair are by far my favourites ever; wish I could say I bought them authentic and vintage but alas the River Island label gives me away. They're a gorgeous shape and fit perfectly, only problem with them being shop bought was the stiffness and 'brand new' look; some bleach, a cheese grater and some serious elbow grease soon sorted that out!

Now I'm far from a 'Project Catwalk' candidate, in fact i'm not even sure I can thread a needle (they did teach us in textiles apparently but I was always ill period 4 fridays...).  Therefore, I'm SO proud of how these dungarees turned out having had my questionable creative 'skills' unleashed on them!


I wore them with a plain pink vest and gladiators


The rooftop bar we visited, Bar 21, was absolutely gorgeous and the balcony overlooking Covent Garden really gave me that holiday feeling!

Since it was Thursday night it was teeming with suits and A-line skirts all finished work for the day, desperate for a preview taste of the oh-so-close weekend. We got chatting to a little group of stockbrokers, and weirdly conversation somehow turned to my homemade denim wonders ;)
One stockbroker so insistant I do the 'one up one down' strap look he wouldn't talk about anything else; so Mayfair stockbrokers are down with East London style, who knew?





As the sun started to disappear (along with our inhibitions and sense of responsibility...) we strolled on down the road to adventure bar, mixed some cocktails and busted some serious moves. 




All in all an AWESOME night with AWESOME people!
Leila xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment